Tuesday, September 21, 2010


Dear Readers,

I am so happy that Fall is finally here! This is my favorite season of the year! I love the sound of the leaves crunching under your feet and the sound of the breeze whistling in the air. The crisp air is so re freshening. Every year I look forward to hopefully going on a hay ride or going apple picking at a farm. One year (quite a while ago) my family and two other families went to Apple picking and to a hay ride in N.J. As we were enjoying a bumpy, exciting ride on the hay wagon I jumped with pain as I felt a splinter of hay go through my leg. My older sister, Noemi, with much patience and care took it out. We did not realize that one of the parents were watching us and observed this kind deed that my sister did for me. Later on in the day he told my mom how beautiful it was to see my sister caring and looking out for us younger girls. We've had many people come up to my mom and praise her for the great job she did in teaching us girls to be so kind and polite. I do not write this to pat my back and let you know how good my sisters and I are, but simply to encourage you to always be striving to honor God no matter where you are or who is watching. It is so important to set a testimony for the Lord. Live every day as if Jesus was right there visibly watching every move you make. Live every day as if it was your last. Do all things to glorify the Lord. Don't be like the pharisee's who boasted about their fasting and good deeds. We need to honor the Lord despite who is watching and be humble when we receive praise. The Lord is so good to us and even during hard times he makes himself known to us. I hope you all were encouraged by this short message and now you should go out and enjoy the beautiful season He has set before us.

-Ashley S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.